• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Drennan IM8 super waggler

Hurgen Akindji

Hi all,a few months ago i purchased this classic rod in mint condition,3 piece and 13ft. The only thing was i wanted to find a trotting rod that had double legged eyes. I looked on ebay and found the exact same rod with double legged eyes,to my surprise! I took the latter rod for a roach session on the lea and managed to snap the tip section between last two eyes.I think i have only lost an inch and no action[ i hope] My question is,can anyone give me any advice on how to repair it? Should i get it done from a shop or should i just get a rod ring myself and put it on? How would i do it? Can i get one with quite a long sleeve to make up the inch or so etc. Sorry to waffle on and thanks again. [Now wheres Bob Gill when you need him?];)

It should be a very simple repair as long as you know a decent tackle shop that has a good supply of tip rings, that will be the hard part. If its a perfect fit, then either an adhesive of a 2 part epoxy resin should do or hot glue; but i must admit i have never used it. I had the same problem a few weeks a go, i found a new tip ring, perfect fit and no need to whip up to it either.

Good luck Hurgen

Jon

Cheers Jon, i appreciate the advice. Do you think what i said about the long sleeve on the tip ring makes sense or is there no such thing?

Think you will just have to make do with the shortened tip section Hurgen.

Jon

I think your right Jon.Took the rod to what used to be 'simpsons of turnford' and had a small tip eye epoxy glued back on.It is around 3/4 of inch shorter than it was and i was told whipping etc is not necessary.Charged me a fiver and im quite happy.Thanks Adam, i had a look on the link but they all seemed the same length as the ones i was shown at simpsons. Had a little waggle of the rod as soon as i got home and it seems those Roach have not got off lightly! Thanks again

Back