• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Drennan avon floats

Brian Willson

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi Guys,
I have tried in vain to obtain 5aa and 7aa Avon crystal floats with the yellow tops, apparently when they are sent to the shops in packs of 10 and there are only two yellow tops in the packet and they are sold very quickly.

Has anyone got a contact number for Drennan

Or perhaps some yellow top floats.

Cheers all.

Brian.

Hi Graham
Many thanks mate, these are the loafers, I wanted Avons, but I will get some of these.
Cheers
Brian.

Hi Graham,
these look good mate, I will check these out.

By the way, its my poor old eyes, I can see the yellow better than any other colour even in different river light conditions.

I wonder if it will improve my catches ?

cheers mate, thanks for your help.

Brian.

Brian. Best bet you buy a small tin of some dayglow yellow acrylic paint. Dip the Avons you have.

All the best Mr Willson.

Exactly what i was going to say Graham. I get my float paint from hobbycraft. About £4.50 a can. Lasts ages, i must have painted over 100 tips and still have loads left. The do Orange, Yellow and Red in Glo

Although I "don't do pointy things" :D I did look at the hobbycraft website out of interest but couldn't find which paints you may be referring to.

Exactly what i was going to say Graham. I get my float paint from hobbycraft. About £4.50 a can. Lasts ages, i must have painted over 100 tips and still have loads left. The do Orange, Yellow and Red in Glo

Hi Ian,
I do have some of those paints from Hobbycraft, you are quite right, they are very good value for the money.

I have just purchased a pot of LUMO paint by Sensa, not cheap at £7 a pot but very luminous.

If you look at the Drennan luminous floats in yellow, that look like a greenish colour, but when they are hit by the light they light up and can be seen over a long distance.

Many thanks for all your help, my next move is to contact Drennan and see if they could supply the shops with more yellows, I now have their number.
Brian.

Brian, if you are struggling Drennan, used to do small dart flight looking tip fittings in different colours to fit to their waggler float range.You will need to do a bit of fiddling/cutting to fit to avons but they add nothing to the shotting and the sight area is increased drastically

Thanks Mark
I will give that a go.
I used to make all my own floats, I seem too busy and too old these days.
Cheers mate.
Brian.

Back