• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Drennan 11ft 10" DRX River Feeder rods

Julian Griffiths

Hi.

I'm wondering if anyone has a mint conditioned version of one of the above rods please?

Must have the original tips too please.

If I like how it performs then I'll probably go for a 2nd. But just want one for now, before I commit further.

Pm me please. 😉

Julian

One on eBay Julian, not mint though. Lovely rods, I have the 13’10 I use for chubbing when fishing over near side reeds….have also been pondering getting a shorter version for some time but not often you see them in mint condition.

One on eBay Julian, not mint though. Lovely rods, I have the 13’10 I use for chubbing when fishing over near side reeds….have also been pondering getting a shorter version for some time but not often you see them in mint condition.
Cheers Alan. Yeah was hoping for something in better condition to be fair, only because I'm fussy 😂
They did a 12' 10 still water version, not sure what other lengths they did for River fishing?

Cheers Alan. Yeah was hoping for something in better condition to be fair, only because I'm fussy 😂
They did a 12' 10 still water version, not sure what other lengths they did for River fishing?
I think there was 11’10, 12’10 and 13’10 models…..I have the 13’10, or at least think I do, going to have to go and check now. But it was available on their catalogue

Attachments

• IMG_8339.jpeg
    IMG_8339.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 86
As Alan says they did a 13’ 10”, 12’ 10” and 11’ 10” river version. I have a pair of the 13’ 10”s and a 12’ 10. They are my go to normal level Barbel / Chub / Bream feeder rods on the Middle Severn. Plenty of power, and fairly light (much lighter than Acolyte Distance Feeder rods, which I use when the levels up). The original tips are the fast taper type, which are getting increasingly hard to source. The eyes are also ever so slightly bigger on the DRX tips, than the standard fast taper Drennan tips.

Back