• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Drat, Nash Nomad Chair finally failed

Ian Murfin

Drat, my Nash Nomad Chair has finally failed. I"m gutted, it was a great chair, recommended on the old BFW many many years ago (20-25!) and served me extremely well.
With a bit of thought and hard work I might be able to resurrect it but to be honest it would only be a matter of time until the next failure.
So, I'm in the market for a new chair.
Ideally with mud feet, medium weight (not light or heavy), no arms, able to fold in back legs for steep backs. Any ideas/recommendations would much appreciated.

Heart felt condolences at the lose off a companion. Not wishing to gloat mine is still surviving. I hope you find a suitable replacement soon that gives good service. Not sure what to recommend currently.

Thinking more, you have now got me worried what went wrong, I’m hoping it was user error .
It was the connection between the leg and the mud foot that failed. Probably user error. I miss aligned the legs and had a comedy collapse at the start of the session and then misplaced my footing crossing a stream and fell on my chair a bit later on. I retraced my steps later on to try to locate the broken part but no luck.

I use the Solar Guest Chair. It is medium, strong, fold down legs, mud feet and adjustable feet. A legitimate 40% off at AD, it will last 25 years easy.

Probably not much help, but my nomad ‘died’ years ago (15?) and I bought a Chub chair which had a frame exactly the same and transferred the seat and strap - I’m still using it!

Back