• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Double rod sleeve

Richard Isaacs

Senior Member & Supporter
A recommendation post here guys...
From your personal experience what should I buy for transporting a beautiful pair of Tunley’s that should be arriving any week now.
At the moment I’ve been fishing with a single rod using a Korum roving sleeve. Korum state it’s a two rod sleeve but I can tell you now there is no way you’d get two in it comfortably. My local club have announced two rods can be used on the main river and naturally I’m gonna take advantage of that. The criteria is as follows.
Must be a full sleeve. No quivers or exposed blanks. These rods have cost me more than I earn in a week so protection In transit and out of sight in the car is absolutely key.
Rods must be separated with a divider. I don’t want them clanging about together.
Must be 2 rods only. I don’t want to be carrying something bigger than I need.
Must be green. I don’t want to stand out like a prat at a party and be easily seen while quietly roaming the banks.
Must have a way of carrying a brolley, net pole and 2 bank sticks.
Must be good quality
So there you have it. What do you recommend
Thanks in advance

From your personal experience what should I buy for transporting a beautiful pair of Tunley’s that should be arriving any week now.
At the moment I’ve been fishing with a single rod using a Korum roving sleeve. Korum state it’s a two rod sleeve but I can tell you now there is no way you’d get two in it comfortably. My local club have announced two rods can be used on the main river and naturally I’m gonna take advantage of that. The criteria is as follows.
Must be a full sleeve. No quivers or exposed blanks. These rods have cost me more than I earn in a week so protection In transit and out of sight in the car is absolutely key.
Rods must be separated with a divider. I don’t want them clanging about together.
Must be green. I don’t want to stand out like a prat at a party and be easily seen while quietly roaming the banks.
Must be good quality
Thanks in advance

Another option

The Drennan is a really nice piece of kit, unfortunately could not use mine with my daiwa rods as seems they have short handles and could not do the zips up with reels on

The Drennan is a really nice piece of kit, unfortunately could not use mine with my daiwa rods as seems they have short handles and could not do the zips up with reels on
So the reels sat lower than the padded area for them to sit in? That’s rubbish you’d think they would make it to accommodate enough clearance for all reel positions.
It’s not gonna be a problem for me mind as I’ve ordered 11 footers so I’ll have extra movement to position the reels where they need to go.

Got the drennan one for my bike set up, good bit of kit, another one worth looking at is the greys prodigy 2 rod ready hold-all .

I have this one Richard which is also mentioned above:
You can take a look at mine if you like or pop in and talk to Paul Hudson at Fish On in Peterborough. He will do you a reasonable price (not that they are expensive) if you tell him you are a PDAA Syndicate member.

Lots of recommendations for the Drennan.
Seems a very popular device. I also quite like the look of the Korum 2 rod total protection sleeve and the Fox R series looks really awesome too.

I have this one Richard which is also mentioned above:
You can take a look at mine if you like or pop in and talk to Paul Hudson at Fish On in Peterborough. He will do you a reasonable price (not that they are expensive) if you tell him you are a PDAA Syndicate member.
Cheers John. Yeah I’ll definitely be up for a nosey next time I see you.

Looks promising Dave. Have you used one before.
I don't have this one but have had a look in the tackle shop and was impressed.I've always used the hardwall type holdal's to protect high value rods and reels.Still using the original korum one that must be sixteen years old,I think there's been four different models since then but Imo the first one was the best one.I even picked up a used original that's not seen the bank yet.

Must be good quality
Thanks in advance
Greys prodigy two rod hold-all nicely padded good amount of protection

I use an aqua tristar exellent holdall takes three rods 2 pockets on the outside one for landing net pole and one for bank sticks plus 2 external pockets with straps for shelters and big storm poles plus its light i know you said 2 rods but it holds three

I use an aqua tristar exellent holdall takes three rods 2 pockets on the outside one for landing net pole and one for bank sticks plus 2 external pockets with straps for shelters and big storm poles plus its light i know you said 2 rods but it holds three

Had an aqua and sold it . Zero padding . The trakker is far superior

Shimano Tribal Compact 2 + 2.

Can take 2 rods inside, long side pocket for banksticks and net, useful lead pocket. The external pockets can take a brolly or a 3rd rod if needed (useful for a dropper rod). £29.99 at Bobco: https://www.bobcotackle.co.uk/shop/shimano-tribal-compact-rod-sleeve

The issue with rigid/hardwall sleeves, for me, is that you can't fold them over and stick them at the back of your brolly when its chucking it down (which seems to be every-time I go fishing at the moment..)

Back