• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Does anyone fish the river alt ?

Hi Paul, not sure if they still do, but a mate of mine used to fish matches on there around the Formby area, not seen him for a while. Some cracking looking stretches around Halewood, but the river runs through farmland. Not sure who you'd ask for fishing permission.

i used to fish the alt quite a bit but not been for a while it had chub dace roach perch pike and some flatties from kirkby to formby is free fishing.Its best fished in autumn and winter because theres loads of weed in summer but find some holes in the weed and you will catch

ive never heard of any barbel in the alt

Did hear of a very small barbel at bull bridge in aintree some years ago,but dont think there is enough to target but some decent fish in there if you can locate them.

Hi Paul, not sure if they still do, but a mate of mine used to fish matches on there around the Formby area, not seen him for a while. Some cracking looking stretches around Halewood, but the river runs through farmland. Not sure who you'd ask for fishing permission.

Hi Derek but I don't think the alt runs through Halewood it's source starts on huyton Lane then flows down through bakers green, bluebell then onto Woolfall ect ect I don't think it doubles back just flows on through Kirkby magull Formby then into the mersey

its netherly brook that runs through halewood

Back