• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Digital thermometer at Lidl

Got one from there last year and worked fine, I got fed up with the alarm going off on it when it got to cold and never had the instructions on how to turn it off so the battery came out and it has sat in the kitchen drawer since.!!

I needed to pop into Lidl at the weekend to buy some batteries so I thought I'd give this a try. I wasn't expecting anything great but it seems to do the job. I took it chubbing with me, but left it in the car (doh!) so I haven't tried it in the river - but it did work in the bath. I've got an traditional mercury thermometer (not a fishing one) so I'll be able to check the accuracy.

Currently 21.3C inside and 6.9C outside fifteen feet above ground level here in the Colne and Thames Valleys area. If it continues to warm up outside the one in my fishing bag might used in anger in the next few days, once the chub I was watching on Saturday morning have defrosted...

Back