• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Diary

Paul Thomas

Attention Nick Coulthurst....

....are you planning to re-incarnate your diary now you're back ?? - funniest thing I can recall on BFW:D:D:D:D

For those who do not know what I'm talking about....

....use the search button on the old Yuku site and have a look;)

Cheers

For those who do not know what I'm talking about....

....use the search button on the old Yuku site and have a look;)

Cheers

Errrrrr, no. They are NOT anything to do with Yuku.

Click "articles" button at top of page and scroll down :)

paul4

Thanks Paul - for some reason I had not seen Nick's diary previously.

Brilliant - laugh out loud stuff - cheered me up no end on a cold and miserable morning.

Still laughing now - the old lady and the dog - classic!

We've really got to encourage him to kick off a new series of diaries....

....once I'd had them pointed out to me - I got the coffee on and sat and read them all spitting Nescafe and biscuits at the PC screen as I went:D:D:D

Come on Nick - your talents are required to cheer us up mucker;)

Paul

Yes indeed, very very funny.

C'mon Nick, get scribbling fella :p ;)

Ian

The best, creative stuff, though, isn't just "turned back on" on demand, for it comes from a writer's mind at a particular time and from its attitude towards the world, life and other people. Break that magical connection, and the moment is gone, gone as Roy the replicant in Blade Runner said, "Like tears in the rain".

Paul,

Love the Blade Runner reference, my all time favourite film.

But as Roy Batty says to Chew, if only you could see what I've seen with your eyes!

Yup. Tears in rain (to quote Rutger Hauer, who ad-libbed the unscripted line), correctly. A pal of mine, a very fine (as in the best) flyfisher in southern Patagonia, has over the years often quoted the "eyes" line at me, and me back at him - he in Argentine Spanish, me in English!

Back