• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Dewalt Usb charger.

Chris Allcock

I just thought I'd share this, as I am a multi trade operative, that's what they call us nowadays by the way. My job is doing pretty much anything in the construction industry, so obviously I have all the battery power tools, I spotted this little gadget on flea bay, it just slides on to the top of the power tool battery. And you plug your usb cable in to ports, for perhaps your phone, ipad or your head torch if it is a usb charging one. 😁As you can probably guess all my tools are dewalt. It lasts absolutely ages on a 5amp 18v battery. And even longer on 6amp 54v battery. It definitely would last a good 3 or 4 days maybe longer enough for a good barbel session. So if anyone uses dewalt tools I cant recommend this enough! It is a fantastic bit of kit.

Attachments

• 20200427_083931.jpg
    20200427_083931.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 268
  • 20200427_083917.jpg
    20200427_083917.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 283
That’s a neat idea
I’ve just copied and ordered one for the Milwaukee m18 batteries.
Granted a touch heavier than a power bank but not many power banks give 18 hours of juice and charge in under 40 minutes.

Cheers for sharing

I’m a DeWalt user personally, only really because I have just continued to expand the range and the batteries are interchangeable, so it makes sense. I don’t think there’s much it in, we all have these things really.

My colleague is a Makkita boy. We all had our impact drivers doing some uni strutting, the dewalts have a brighter LED set on the front, you can probably imagine how three overgrown school boys went with that. :D The real difference between them really is price, but the battery sizes are different so your getting what your paying for.

I’ve only killed one DeWalt drill, and that was because it went for a swim. It still worked but just not as well. The Hitachi stuff I had 5+ years back was noticeably not as good.

It would probably last a month when its connected to this bad boy, 54v 6ah flexvolt I've got to say it's a lot heavier than the 5ah, they also do the 9 ah and 12 ah batteries. These batteries come with a cover to protect the terminals when being transported. You definitely would not want one of these shorting out in the back of the van 🌋🤯😂

Hilti all the way!
I thought Makita batteries have a USB slot on them without the need for any adapter. A joiner on site always has his phone connected to one, but I may be wrong!

Makita all the way you need to be a body builder to pick up some dewalt tools and a far bigger range of cordless tools especially if you include the gardening tools... that aside ( love a bit of tool manufacturers banter on site)
Most of the manufacturers do the adapter and yes Chris a great idea never thought about using it for fishing..... should start a thread about items used for fishing without paying carp tax

Last edited:
I bought a cordless angle grinder from middle of Lidl and also got one of those adaptors for its' battery. It has a torch and USB port. Handy gadget.

I've installed mains voltage in the back of my van. Just enough power to charge batteries, make a coffee etc.
Also comes in really handy while fishing for keeping things topped up if a powerbank ever lets me down.

Back