• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Decent banksticks

Julian Marshall

I`m looking to replace a pair of banksticks - I`ve had these for ages & painted them when new - this has peeled off as alloy doesn`t take paint well. Is there anyone producing some light but strong maybe grey or dark anodised sticks which are not polished to a mirror finish? Don`t really want stainless or carbon (!) Need something like 2-4 ft extending with a good point & locking screws. Thanks if you can recommend, Julian

Dinsmores every time, don't give a monkeys if the paint falls off or not, Barbel don't care. Plenty of trendy proper Aluminium bank sticks with nice anodised finishes but in the main too short (Carpers like having their rods down in the mud).

Mine are Dinamores painted badly tough as old boots.

I got one of those dinsmore ones as well except mine has a metal screw rather than the plastic. Can't fault it at all

Fox cam lock storm pole (in black too) makes a very robust bank stick & plenty of adjustment for those steep banks on the nidd.

As of this year...Dinsmore. Re. painting..depends on your surface preparation and your paint/primer. Have a look at the Hammerite range for instance, and follow the instructions to the letter!!

I have a few Dinsmore banksticks and for the price they are very good. The only thing i didn't like was the plastic screw used for adjusting the height/length, easily sorted but just thought i would mention it.

Stephen

As of this year I bought some Dinsmore 'spiral-point' bank sticks, and they're 100% metal. Really tough and solid, and have been well glad of them with it being soooo dry (so far) this summer.

Back