• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Day ticket venues

James Cain

Hi,

Hoping some of you may have knowledge that might be able to help me out.

I only fish club stretches of the Ribble Dane and severn so I don't know of any day ticket stretches of any rivers.

My mate who I used to fish with has recently been made redundant so will coming back to the UK for a while and were wanting to go on a uk river tour fishing for mainly chub and barbel on feeder/float/fly.

Does anyone know of any good day ticket stretches of any rivers, we will be willing to travel all over the UK really.

Rivers I'd like to fish are Trent Severn Avon and Ouse. Or any other prolific day tickets so he can hopefully catch a good few while he's back.

Thank
James

River Severn : Larford Complex, 2 meadows of Severn available, one fished often and produces doubles, the other is a bit of a garden shears and spade job and unknown territory, Hampstall inn stretch £5 a day fishing off landing stages, Lenchford Inn same as Hampstall, KDAA roadside stretch Bewdley below town, some very good pegs when the river is flooded, peg 110 especiall, £7 per day. Lineholt above Ladyham £10 for 24 hours does fish to 13lb, park behind your peg and big palleted swims, ignore here till august unless we get a metre on the river.

Warks Avon. Anchor Meadow, Manor Farm both good day/night ticket venues both with good big fish form, Lucys Mill Stratford, also does some big fish.

Trent. A1 pits, Smeatons, Bobs Island, Collingham, the scrapyard at Newark, Burton Joyce roadside, Kelham Hall, APG below Gunthorpe weir.

River Severn : Larford Complex, 2 meadows of Severn available, one fished often and produces doubles, the other is a bit of a garden shears and spade job and unknown territory, Hampstall inn stretch £5 a day fishing off landing stages, Lenchford Inn same as Hampstall, KDAA roadside stretch Bewdley below town, some very good pegs when the river is flooded, peg 110 especiall, £7 per day. Lineholt above Ladyham £10 for 24 hours does fish to 13lb, park behind your peg and big palleted swims, ignore here till august unless we get a metre on the river.

Warks Avon. Anchor Meadow, Manor Farm both good day/night ticket venues both with good big fish form, Lucys Mill Stratford, also does some big fish.

Trent. A1 pits, Smeatons, Bobs Island, Collingham, the scrapyard at Newark, Burton Joyce roadside, Kelham Hall, APG below Gunthorpe weir.

Thanks for this mate, lots to take a look at! Very helpful!

Avon (Hants)
Ringwood tackle do day tickets for the Christchurch AC waters and possibly others, also there's the LAA stretch at Britford and there's a free stretch at Fordingbridge Park.
Day tickets suspended due to Covid for now.
There's of course the Royalty and the harbour handled by Davis tackle.

Paul,

Christchurch are not issuing day tickets this season. As far as I am aware, the only day tickets on the Avon now are Btitford, the Royalty and Bisterne (1August to 30 September). On the Dorset Stour the main one is Throop (tickets available from most local tackle shops, including a Ringwood Tackle). There are also the free stretches at Muscliffe (not recommended in the summer, as very popular with the local youths) and Longham.

Dave

Thanks for all the previous help on this one, just starting to plan the venues for next week. Does anyone know any day tickets for the Wye?

Ideally need stretches we can stay over as trying to not spend a bomb on B&B's

Thanks
James

Thanks for all the previous help on this one, just starting to plan the venues for next week. Does anyone know any day tickets for the Wye?

Ideally need stretches we can stay over as trying to not spend a bomb on B&B's

Thanks
James
Look at the Wye and Usk Foundation website as their fishing passport has many day ticket stretches on the Wye.

Avon (Hants)
Ringwood tackle do day tickets for the Christchurch AC waters and possibly others, also there's the LAA stretch at Britford and there's a free stretch at Fordingbridge Park.
Day tickets suspended due to Covid for now.
There's of course the Royalty and the harbour handled by Davis tackle.
It appears that LAA have suspended day tickets for Britford due to the pandemic. Not clear if/when they may be available again☹️

Back