• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Day at Throop

Richard Parsons

I'm going to bag a day at Throop this week, as I'm down Bournemouth way visiting the good Mother.

I'm just after a little advice: I've walked the stretch from Parsons Mill (wonderfully named, I might add), to the opposite bank and downstream and there seem to be a few good swims to fish. However, I've not really seen the other parts of the fishery and I may be missing a trick. Would anyone be able to recommend the best summer beat, and whether to park at the mill or elsewhere?

I've posted this here, rather than the river thread, for obvious (I hope?) reasons.

Thanks in advance.....

Rich. I suggest you contact by pm Brian Willson (baliff) via the Throop river thread.

A very helpful and nice chap.

Graham

Thanks Graham, Chris and Craig for your replies. I will indeed contact the said Mr Wilson. I was reading his river report on the David Tackle website just this morning. Seems to have have good sense of humour :)

Craig - sorry to hear that....though I'll give it a go....be silly not to as I'm in the area

Back