• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Daiwa Whisker Barbel Rods

Stephen Whyte

Hello everyone, was just wondering if anybody has used these rods and what their opinion is ? Was thinking of buying for the new season but i am still undecided. In return i will inform you, by PM only, of every peg that contains absolutely no Barbel what so ever!! on any rivers that i am fortunate enough to fish :)

Hi Stephen,

Not seen the Daiwa rods as Ive got a couple of Harrison custom built rods,but one thing I would say that unless you are fishing very big rivers like the Trent then in my opinion one rod is enough and I never use the second rod except for bait dropping.Be of a waste of money using a Torrix for this purpose,still you live and learn !!!!

Hello Richard, after having a look through the archives, i think that is pretty sound advice. Think i will stick with what i have :)

Stephen

then again it does give you an option if needed. Personally i have my trent rods and a set of lighter rods for elsewhere.

Back