• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Daiwa ss2600

Dean Aston

Just purchased a couple of these reels and like to make the free spool. I tried the weston speed caps but no joy is there any one I can send the spools to please to make them free running

The way to convert them is to buy these.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-25-10-15-36_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-25-10-15-36_1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 349
dean, look in ebay under fishing, then type in carbontex, this should bring you to roy advert, ring him,explain what you want and tell him the make and model of reels,
i recently bought 6 sets of carbontex washers to convert my shimano technium aero 10000s
at £49 for 6 spools its got to be a bargain mate, roy is also very helpful and is a fisherman and baliff for a carp syndicate

There is a guy on ebay who does convert the spool so you dont need to turn the cap a million times to tighten , its fairly easy ive done both mine in half an hour but the guy on ebay charges £10 a spool and it then goes from free spool to tightened in half a turn. Dont touch the felt washers in the spool other wise itll be even quicker

oh and dont listen to the doom mongers who'll tell you qd the spool ruins the clutch, mine have been done 5yrs now and they are still very very smooth albeit quicker, keep the felt washers in the spool , slacken the spool off after each trip and they'll be fine

Back