• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Daiwa SS2600 Quick Drag caps

Jon Frisby

Senior Member & Supporter
As above anybody got a pair they are willing to sell... before ebay shopping.

As above anybody got a pair they are willing to sell... before ebay shopping.
Yeah I agree with Rob mate. QD spoils them imo.
However if your set on having them done just get the caps converted.
Best improvement you can do to that clutch is pull it apart and get a thin smear of proper clutch grease between each plate and it’s as good as it possibly can be

I have already fitted both reels with Carbontex washers and also added a bearing on the drive. The only reason I want them QD'd, is when I start Bream and Tench fishing as I will be playing them.on the back wind when needed... oooh I'd never use the QD for Barbel, not now I have the carbon washers fitted... jus looking fwd to some spring fishing thats all.

I have already fitted both reels with Carbontex washers and also added a bearing on the drive. The only reason I want them QD'd, is when I start Bream and Tench fishing as I will be playing them.on the back wind when needed... oooh I'd never use the QD for Barbel, not now I have the carbon washers fitted... jus looking fwd to some spring fishing thats all.
Get the caps converted then jon. There’s a bloke on eBay and probably plenty of others that can do it.
I loved the clutch on my old 850’s in standard form. It was fabulous…. No fancy washers or quick drag etc just a good service and it was bang on!

Get the caps converted then jon. There’s a bloke on eBay and probably plenty of others that can do it.
I loved the clutch on my old 850’s in standard form. It was fabulous…. No fancy washers or quick drag etc just a good service and it was bang on!
I don't want to convert them tbh, I want a spare set of caps which are QD'd. Obs, thats my last option, but with anew set of caps etc.

I don't want to convert them tbh, I want a spare set of caps which are QD'd. Obs, thats my last option, but with anew set of caps etc.
To my knowledge Jon you can’t buy QD’d caps for them.
You could probably get standard caps as a spare part from daiwa then you get them converted to QD.
The reels are still currently sold so spares must be easily obtainable. Should be relatively easy to get what you want but there is no standard cap already QD’d for them. This is done after via conversion

You could probably get standard caps as a spare part from daiwa then you get them converted to QD.
The reels are still currently sold so spares must be easily obtainable. Should be relatively easy to get what you want but there is no standard cap already QD’d for them. This is done after via conversion
Cheers Richard, just after 2 that have been done converted already

They have plastic pegs that are welded all around the spool caps rich so you have to drill them out split the cap take out the spring then replace that with a plastic washer/tube type thing and then araldite it back together… seems too much of a faff to me also once done there’s no going back

You can get speed caps 'off the shelf' for the SS2600 - I have all 4x of mine done (with carbon washers) and personally think its an upgrade. Don't use for barbel but fish off the drag all the time when small water carping / floater fishing etc - you just need to get used to the micro rather than macro increments and use your finger as a brake occasionally!

Attachments

• 727EF9B7-EB11-4A14-9E3A-C69B064EFCEE.jpeg
    727EF9B7-EB11-4A14-9E3A-C69B064EFCEE.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 74
  • E92FC1CA-DC0C-4CE3-BD65-1B889A8BF1E3.jpeg
    E92FC1CA-DC0C-4CE3-BD65-1B889A8BF1E3.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 77
You can get speed caps 'off the shelf' for the SS2600 - I have all 4x of mine done (with carbon washers) and personally think its an upgrade. Don't use for barbel but fish off the drag all the time when small water carping / floater fishing etc - you just need to get used to the micro rather than macro increments and use your finger as a brake occasionally!

They look good Chris ..also comes with the click like the weston ones……I have bought line clips from them before

Back