• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

DAIWA SENSOR LINE PROBLEMS

Brian Willson

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi Guys
My line problem has once again reared its head, although its not actually the line, its the spool that it comes in.
Basically i have now had 5 spools that have broken causing the line to be completely destroyed and ready for the bin.
These bulk spools of line 2500 metres approx cost £11.00 so its getting expensive.
Has anybody had the same problem with these spools ?
Also can anybody recommend some bulk spools of 6lb line around 0. 24/ 0.25mm.
I shall be writing to Daiwa again asking why the plastic spools keep on breaking.
I will also point out that all my spools are kept it a box that's in a drawer in my garage, they are in the dark and are kept cool.
many thanks
Brian.

Attachments

• IMG_6550.JPG
    IMG_6550.JPG
    196.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_6554.JPG
    IMG_6554.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 69
Hi Guys
My line problem has once again reared its head, although its not actually the line, its the spool that it comes in.
Basically i have now had 5 spools that have broken causing the line to be completely destroyed and ready for the bin.
These bulk spools of line 2500 metres approx cost £11.00 so its getting expensive.
Has anybody had the same problem with these spools ?
Also can anybody recommend some bulk spools of 6lb line around 0. 24/ 0.25mm.
I shall be writing to Daiwa again asking why the plastic spools keep on breaking.
I will also point out that all my spools are kept it a box that's in a drawer in my garage, they are in the dark and are kept cool.
many thanks
Brian.
yes, same problem with several spools

I’ve had that happen with sensor too. I’d be interested to hear what Daiwa say. I’m sure they’ll suggest you’ve dropped the spool or stored them in bright sunlight etc. Definitely won’t be anything to do with their tensioning system.

Hi Brian,
I hope you are well.
I have used sensor before in the 250 meter spools and have never had a problem.
However, i have realised that Daiwa Sensor really is an inferior line in my opinion these days.
In 6lb I use this......

The only time i've ever had that problem is when the spool has been bashed about in a placcy bag whilst being delivered.
The supplier replaced the spool when I messaged them about it.
Daiwa sensor is idea for me and my fishing.

Hi Guys
Many thanks for your replies, I have some Guru Drag line which I shall use.
I have just written to Daiwa, let’s see what their response will be.
I can’t believe they use such a crap plastic spool.
I will let you know what they say.
Thanks again.
Brian.

I think it is caused by the line being wound too tightly on the spool when it is filled at the factory .
I had the same thing happen with an alloy spool on a multiplier, wound in a huge clump of weed resulting in the line being squeezed onto the spool , expanding and pushed / split one side of the alloyspool away from the arbour .

David

I think it is caused by the line being wound too tightly on the spool when it is filled at the factory .
I had the same thing happen with an alloy spool on a multiplier, wound in a huge clump of weed resulting in the line being squeezed onto the spool , expanding and pushed / split one side of the alloyspool away from the arbour .

David

Hi David
That makes complete sense, I have decided I shall not be buying any more of this product, I blame Daiwa for not sorting out this problem which I would assume they know about.
I shall be using some Guru line and also get some of the Gardner line that you mentioned John.
Again it’s great when a problem can be solved when you get the answers from a great forum.
I shall let you know what response I get from Daiwa.
Brian.

Hi David
That makes complete sense, I have decided I will not be buying this product again, I shall be using Guru and Gardner recommended by John.
Daiwa must know about this product and have done nothing to rectify the fault.
I will let you know what and if Daiwa respond.
Cheers lads and many thanks
Brian

Yes I’ve had the same problem as have several others.

I wrote to Daiwa, response was they would replace if in warranty.

There was some talk about water being the problem (nylon being hygroscopic expands and destroys the spool) and others due to the nature of the plastic used on the spool. Maybe a bit of both.

I must be very lucky, because i've been buying/using bulk spools of sensor for 20yrs and never had this issue with it appart from the one time when it was damaged in the post due to not being packed with enough protection.

I've never had any problems with it and use it in 3,4 and 6lbs.

The talk of the drennan camo xt and the gardener hydroFLO has got me wondering though, aside from the spools what are those two lines offering that the sensor doesn't?

Hi Christion
I am very happy with the line, I have been using it for many years, it’s those bloody spools that are the problem.
I shall continue to use the rest of the spools that I have in stock, after that I will change.
5 spools ruined is a joke.
Cheers mate
Brian

Hi Christion
I am very happy with the line, I have been using it for many years, it’s those bloody spools that are the problem.
I shall continue to use the rest of the spools that I have in stock, after that I will change.
5 spools ruined is a joke.
Cheers mate
Brian

Don't blame you for being jacked off about that!
Strange how some people have this issue with it, especially so many times? Do you get it from the same supplier Brian?

Hi Ian
all the spools were purchased from local tackle shops.
Now the big news, i have just had a reply from Daiwa asking me to send back the defective 5 spools along with proof of purchase.
Now then, i wonder how many people have got a proof of purchase for a spool of line that was bought months ago a possibly a couple of years, Three spools were thrown in the refuse bin so i only have two left, so if i send them off i would have to pay postage and then perhaps receive two new spools which could possibly break in time.
I just cant believe a big company like Daiwa don't know this problem exists, i shall reply to the email and explain my thoughts and see what happens.
Brian.

Back