• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Daiwa Sensor Clear or GR60?

Paul Pittman

Which would you use? I have a spool of each laying around and was wondering what peoples preferrences out of the 2 would be. Or should i just experiment with one on each reel?

Used Daiwa Sensor last season with no problems. Changed to GR60 this season,mainly because of the positive comments posted by BFW members,although I should think the majority would go for Big Game.
Hope this helps.
Pete.

Like Mark trying the GR60x in green, did quite a bit of research pre-season having been in braid for 3 seasons, wanted a quality line for my 1.5 TC rod, so far have used the line on the Wye for 30 + fish and a number on the Kennet, so far very impressed good line lay, supple and appears strong, well worth a go.

Like Mark trying the GR60x in green, did quite a bit of research pre-season having been in braid for 3 seasons, wanted a quality line for my 1.5 TC rod, so far have used the line on the Wye for 30 + fish and a number on the Kennet, so far very impressed good line lay, supple and appears strong, well worth a go.

Why exactly have you 'been in braid' Pete? Do you like to add a little bondage factor to your fishing :p:D

Cheers, Dave.

I have used the new GT80 in 8lb on one of my rods for the last 3 seasons & really rate it. Talking to my carp fishing buds and they reckon that GR60 was/is aslo a reliable line.

Kind Regards
Andy

Haven't used GR60 but have used sensor for years with no problems, tried the clear once and thought it was very springy.

I use to use daiwa on my rock fishing marks, brilliant abrasion resistance. I use the gr60x in 10lb for all my river fishing now and its bombproof, my answer would therefore be any of the two really Paul.

Haven't used GR60 but have used sensor for years with no problems, tried the clear once and thought it was very springy.

I agree. Been using Sensor for quite a few years but found the clear does get 'springy' quite quickly - maybe due to UV exposure ? Going back to brown on the next re-spool ,partly for this reason as I don't recall the same severity of spring, but also because immersed in water the clear ain't very clear at all. :eek:

I can't comment on other specimen lines as I wouldn't pay some of the prices asked :eek:

If you use two rods put Gr60 on one reel and sensor on the other and decide which is right for you pal ;)

I've used both.I found Sensor to be a pretty good budget priced line,difficult to fault at the price.I found GR60 to be a class above,not the best casting line but tough as old rope.It won't let you down.
Phil.W

Doh! Loaded one of my 5000 RE's with GR60, was half way through loading one of my 6000 XTEA's and the spool ran out!!

Forgot that I had also loaded it onto a couple of reels i use for the occasional carp trip!

Off to the tackle shop i go! :(

gr60

Bought some GR 60 a couple of years ago 3.6 kilo and 4.5 kilo,and before
filling my spools tied a few knots with both,that left spring like coils in my line
that diddent happen with other types ive used.
Only my opinion but thought awful stuff,so am left with two unused bulk spools,and at £20 for the 10lb,returned to good old cheap,reliable,never ever let me down......Berkeley trilene:D

Though im well aware that the world and his mother thinks GR60 is the dogs

Last edited:
Bought some GR 60 a couple of years ago 3.6 kilo and 4.5 kilo,and before
filling my spools tied a few knots with both,that left spring like coils in my line
that diddent happen with other types ive used.
Only my opinion but thought awful stuff,so am left with two unused bulk spools,and at £20 for the 10lb,returned to good old cheap,reliable,never ever let me down......Berkeley trilene:D

Though im well aware that the world and his mother thinks GR60 is the dogs

It's which part of the dog they used thats the problem Howard :D

I must admit I had a similar experience to you with GR60....then tried the GT80 and swapped the springy coils for horrendous tangle problems. However, that was years ago, so perhaps it's better now. One of the most popular lines going is Sensor, but my experience with that had me binning it within a week. Again, that was many years back when it first came on the market, and I can only assume that line also is a lot better now.

I recall discussing Sensor on a carp forum at that time, and the replies of some astonished me. The problem was that it was very stretchy...which is fine...ish. However, the fact that if you had to put it under extreme pressure at any time, it took the stretch out, and from then on that section of line would become unpredictable, often snapping like cotton without warning...was definitely not fine in my book!. The lads who used it regularly said that while that was true....it didn't really matter, as it was so cheap you could afford to change it on a regular basis. So...risking what could possibly be the fish of a lifetime was fine....because the line was cheap :eek:

Whatever :D As I say, it is almost certainly much better now....

Cheers, Dave.

Back