• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Daiwa reel service

Do you want me to look at them.
I can turnaround and post back the next day after receiving them. It’s just the magsealed reels I won’t touch as that stuff is very expensive

Do you want me to look at them.
I can turnaround and post back the next day after receiving them. It’s just the magsealed reels I won’t touch as that stuff is very expensive
Cheers I can go for that if its good with you.

It's just the 1 reel, ping me your details and I'll get it moving.

Let me know what you think when it arrives tomorrow Darren.
The reel was just very dry and a smidge of wear but other wise it’s fine.
Clutch was dry and for some reason gritty.
I don’t like these modern Daiwas for servicing they are a pain in the arse compared to Shimano just to do something simple like get the covers off.

Let me know what you think when it arrives tomorrow Darren.
The reel was just very dry and a smidge of wear but other wise it’s fine.
Clutch was dry and for some reason gritty.
I don’t like these modern Daiwas for servicing they are a pain in the arse compared to Shimano just to do something simple like get the covers off.
Reel arrived back safely today and that's genuinely a top job Rich thank you, smooth clutch and actually clean, though I'm sure a few winter Kennet sessions will have it looking scruffy again..

Cheers also for the super quick turnround, much appreciated.

Anyone thinking of a reel service I would say just drop Mr Isaacs a message and get it done.

Reel arrived back safely today and that's genuinely a top job Rich thank you, smooth clutch and actually clean, though I'm sure a few winter Kennet sessions will have it looking scruffy again..

Cheers also for the super quick turnround, much appreciated.

Anyone thinking of a reel service I would say just drop Mr Isaacs a message and get it done.
Thanks Darren glad your happy with it.
Nice little reel they are and in good condition. Should be a lot smoother all round once you’ve bought afew leads back and got them new lubricants bedded in.

I've got shimmy 10000 xte that I bought s/h and it's a bit grouchy. Could you have a look at it please Richard?

If it was a multi' I'd do it myself!

I've got shimmy 10000 xte that I bought s/h and it's a bit grouchy. Could you have a look at it please Richard?

If it was a multi' I'd do it myself!
I can Bob but it gets expensive for just 1 reel.
I charge a meer £15 for a full service on 1 reel or £25 for a pair. Repairs (if possible depending on parts) usually extra.
The issue is I don’t like posting peoples reels back with a service anything lower than Royal Mail special because that covers them to the full value. So by the time you’ve posted 1 reel to me and I’ve posted it back you’ve spent £30 odd quid where as 2 reels for 40 odd quid is often better value.
I’ll do it no problem but I’m just being transparent with you that if you have a pair it’s getting more for your money’s worth

I can Bob but it gets expensive for just 1 reel.
I charge a meer £15 for a full service on 1 reel or £25 for a pair. Repairs (if possible depending on parts) usually extra.
The issue is I don’t like posting peoples reels back with a service anything lower than Royal Mail special because that covers them to the full value. So by the time you’ve posted 1 reel to me and I’ve posted it back you’ve spent £30 odd quid where as 2 reels for 40 odd quid is often better value.
I’ll do it no problem but I’m just being transparent with you that if you have a pair it’s getting more for your money’s worth
Thanks Richard.

Possibly not worth me getting it done. It's a spare anyway and I might "practise" on it. I went in blind with the multipliers and found them easier to dismantle, service and reassemble than expected. If it ends up in bits, there'll be plenty of spare parts for my others!

Thanks Richard.

Possibly not worth me getting it done. It's a spare anyway and I might "practise" on it. I went in blind with the multipliers and found them easier to dismantle, service and reassemble than expected. If it ends up in bits, there'll be plenty of spare parts for my others!
You’ll be fine with it Bob.
Important things to note are newer shimano reels if they are not oscillating worm driven, they are timed in the respect the main and oscillating gears need to go back together as they came out to the tooth.

If the clutch knob doesn’t have a screw on the back you need to crack the rings loose around the knob to back it off.

There’s a big bearing race under the rotor. This is the anti reverse bearing. Absolutely no lubricant in there at all. The roller bearings are actually designed to grab and pinch the inner race when the AR is on. These need to be bone dry and clean or it will slip.

You’ll be fine with it Bob.
Important things to note are newer shimano reels if they are not oscillating worm driven, they are timed in the respect the main and oscillating gears need to go back together as they came out to the tooth.

If the clutch knob doesn’t have a screw on the back you need to crack the rings loose around the knob to back it off.

There’s a big bearing race under the rotor. This is the anti reverse bearing. Absolutely no lubricant in there at all. The roller bearings are actually designed to grab and pinch the inner race when the AR is on. These need to be bone dry and clean or it will slip.
👍

Back