• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Daiwa Harrier 2553 X Match Reel or Drennan 7 series match reel

Hurgen Akindji

I have been pondering over which one to get. My mind is kind of made up on the Diawa but not sure. Anyone used them?

I bought the drennan series 7 reel for float fishing earlier this year. Does what it says on the tin no frills..... The daiwa looks classier having looked at it though. On the subject of reels at the other end of the market the Daiwa tdx reels look nice £180 a touch mind anyone picked up and twirled it yet?

Brian

your right Brian the daiwa looks classier. I like the look of the drennan but it comes across as a bit too basic if you know what i mean. I want something that is light enough to trot with but strong enough to handle specimens now and again

I bought a Drennan reel during the close season to fish for crucians and tench. Caught lots of both, with tench to well over 6lbs and crucians over 3lb. For a cheaper reel I was very impressed. A reelly :)o) good drag on it and it gave me no cause for concern.

Just had a look at my mates Drennan reel and it looks neat and well made. Now to borrow it for a day....or two!

Back