• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Daiwa exceler x4000

Ben Jennings

Does anyone use this reel? I've had a few shimanos but nothing has quite balanced right on my rod and I now fancy getting one of these so I'm after some opinions on this reel pls. I fancy either one of these or a ss2600 but just think that the excelers may be a tad smoother.

Does anyone use this reel? I've had a few shimanos but nothing has quite balanced right on my rod and I now fancy getting one of these so I'm after some opinions on this reel pls. I fancy either one of these or a ss2600 but just think that the excelers may be a tad smoother.

Heard good reports about them, Ben. Two models to choose from. I can't remember if the more expensive model was worth the extra outlay. Probably best to have a look at them and take your rod along. Might be worth having a look at the country of origin of the two models.

Thanks Jim I'll have to have a look at them. The pain being I'm not 100% sure if any of my local tackle shops have the 4000 in them. I know Thames valley only had the 2500 when I looked and sure I didn't see one in reading angling either. I've just dug out my beloved 5010 barbel reel and found a furry friend has chewed up any bits he could so think its time for a change.

Back