• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Daiwa 8 Braid Hyper PE Line

Chris Bracey

2436275711u_0x

Anybody using this - if so what do you think?

Went to get some Powerpro and the lads at tackle shop were telling me that is better - the guys at the shop are good lads as well and wouldn't sell me any ****.

Cheers

sorry, but if i want a product, it's what I WANT!

And all Chris WANTED was an opinion on this product, guess he WANTS what he WANTS!!

Sorry Chris I've never personally used it but a mate has been using it for lure fishing, albeit only a couple of month and he really rates it, reckoning that it is a very hard wearing line (for braid).

So do you not accept ANY recommendations, for anything David?

No need, what with the power of Google.;)

Last edited:
Sorry Chris I've never personally used it but a mate has been using it for lure fishing, albeit only a couple of month and he really rates it, reckoning that it is a very hard wearing line (for braid).

Thanks Colin. Thats what the guys at the shop told me - they didn't have powerpro in - awaiting a delivery - so there is a reason to recommend something else but i have been using that shop over 15 years and know the guys well - They told me powerpro was on order - but was just giving feedback from other guys who had used it. I haven't decided yet and prob stick with what I know best (PP)

I have used Power Pro for a while now, and its good but it does have its faults, but alas not as many as others imo. I have also found that sometimes its worth taking a punt on something different, i tend to do it quite a lot, some you win, some you dont.

Give it a go

How do you mean "A hard wearing line (for braid)" Colin? In my experience (and that of many others) mainline braid lasts far longer than mono, some getting two seasons use out of it....which to me qualifies it as a 'hard wearing line' in general.

I accept that a lot of it is not too abrasion resistant, so is **** for rocky bottoms....is that what you are referring to?

Cheers, Dave.

got the Daiwa braid on my shimano technium for bass fishing.
casts well, pretty supple I would recomend it.
not used for barbel but don't see why not.:)
dave
ps. on holiday, got a beautiful bit of river I can fish for trout at no cost and its too high to fly fish properley:rolleyes: (fly only)

Not used the braid you arw on about but have been using power pro for quite a few years and its really good stuff and will last you more than two seasons its very strong braid.
Andy

Back