• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Customfishingrods. Top quality

Robert Linwood

Just picked up my 3rd custom built torrix barbel rod from ian tucker and once again top quality work would highly recommend him to any one thinking of getting a custom rod built.

I am sure you are right Robert, and I have no preferences since I build my own, but many other rod builders are top quality too - BFW's "own" Bob Gill of Angling Innovations, Mark Tunley, Roger of Peregrine Rods etc etc

Three custom Torrix on matching stainless steel set up compleat with alarms and bivvy? Love it!!

You'll have to lay that rig perfectly to get a single toner from me :D

In balance Paul, I agree, plenty of great rod builders out there. My GTI's from Roger M are just as good some 12yrs on, cracking sticks :)

Ian

Nice to recognise our master craftsmen , I have two of Ian's but also have seen the quality of others, rods that will last!

hey paul, i am moving back towards windsor,i,ll ring you and let you know when mate, maybe we can get a day or two out:)

Sorry that this is pythonesque (if you're old enough to remember the original), but here's the conversation between father and son, sitting by a lake in a bespoke bivvy:

Father: "One day lad, all this is gonna be yours"
Son: "What, the curtains?"
Father: " No, not the curtains lad! The three custom Torrix on matching stainless steel set up compleat with alarms and bivvy" :)

Hi men ,

John , you will have to " evict " a couple of poachers from your garden before you can both fish ;)

Hatter

Mark, only water closeby is the ornamental pond but all usual rivers not far way:)
i tried mailing you bout that river stretch you were interested in but apears the mail didnt go through, i,ll try to mail you my phone number mate

hey paul, i am moving back towards windsor,i,ll ring you and let you know when mate, maybe we can get a day or two out:)

I'd stay where you are John. The Thames has fished terrible since the pollution a year ago. No sign of quality barbel or big carp this year, and the silver fishing on t'stick has been shocking.
The good news is, you can angle in one of the many puddles in the ground where I believe soap is the going bait...:eek::eek::D:D:eek::eek:

Ian ;)

ian, although i luv the thames theres plenty of other rivers nearby holding barbel mate:) but you know that anyway:D
i am going to try to grab a ticket at you know where as soon as i get back down:D:D:D

yeah fairy smells great but tastes like dogs leftovers :D:D i can remember what paisley said to me when he found out that a swim i had baited every day in close season got grabbed by underhanded methods and the geezer even asked me what i had been putting in so i made a load up on the bank and give to the bloke, ole paisley found it funny but the othr geezer didnt after 4 days fishing and me telling him about the flavour lol

Back