• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Custom Bait Services Fenspice Boilies....

John Cook

Hi All,

Looking for a top quality boilie anyone use or have used these boilies? I see that they contain high levels of robin red and green lipped mussel extract two quality attractors they sound good on paper but what about results especially when used on hard rivers......Anyone any info?

Yes John, good bait and service. Has a familiar smell, but different. What I liked is that a full list of ingredients is given, you can buy paste at reasonable price. When I spoke to Mark he was happy enough to supply base mix and liquid as well as boilies. All the stuff I have bought has been 'just right'.
Cheers
Bob

Thank you Bob and Mark i will investigate further....:)

John, the list of ingredients for the 'fenspice' does look very attractive, and if Bob and Hatter say it's good, then it's good. However, having studied that list of ingredients, I cannot find robin red in that particular bait. It is in their 'red baron' and the 'red nut mix', but I can't find it in 'fenspice'. Could be me though, I am not a good looker :D

Cheers, Dave.

Hiya Dave,

You are correct Dave no robin red, now what made me think that, wonder if that makes it less attractive to barbel, i doubt it.....Im a silly old sod.:eek:

Some of the most effective baits for barbel that I've used have been Robin Red free. In fact, when I used to mix my own personal baits, there were times I avoided it.
Cheers
Bob

Funny that Bob, I avoid Robin Red in my baits also, for the same reason I haven't used pellets for years. Fenspice does look a decent bait.

Nick

Pretty much Cliff, I was using pellets in the late 90's and early 2000's and saw how effective they were, but just like all other baits before them, overuse has lessened their effectiveness. Sure plenty of barbel still get caught on them, but that's because so many people use them and will continue to do so because they are cheap and convenient.

Nick C

thats interesting Nick, I couldn't imagine fishing without pellet, I always take boilies, meat etc with me and particles when conditions right but I honestly believe my catch rates would be far less if I left the pellets at home, especially on the more prolific rivers like the Wye.

Back