• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Custom 11ft torrix 2lb guide preference

Sorry, but a single leg guide, can not be stronger than a double legged guide.
So let's agree to disagree 😁
To much rubbish regarding double, single guides, I have singles on 11ft Torrix and all fine, and even lucked out two 15lb barbel with no issues. Personally and more importantly get the 11 ft 1.75 and don't agonise over guides.;)

Very informative thread. I will have to look at all my rods now. Ha, it's raining anyway, can't drive til tomorrow so something interesting to do. Never thought of the strength effect of where the supports are and grab the ring but clearly primae facie makes sense.

As far as I'm concerned; double legs on butt section, one double on tip section and followed by singles through to the tip..
K guides are fantastic, wouldn't look any further. Strong and extremely hard wearing and durable. I'm sure there are other brands coming through that are similar or even better?

As far as I'm concerned; double legs on butt section, one double on tip section and followed by singles through to the tip..
K guides are fantastic, wouldn't look any further. Strong and extremely hard wearing and durable. I'm sure there are other brands coming through that are similar or even better?
Exactly what I have gone for.

Back