• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Current hot weather

John Walker

well its almost here but the weathers against us,
i am sure most barbel at moment will be preoccupied with making baby barbel at the moment unless they couldnt wait and they,ve done the baby making already but i doubt most have:)

No sign yet on Dorset Stour or Hampshire Avon, will have a look tomorrow to see if they have started.

I would think if they have been spawning in the desolate North then they would procreated in the affluent South by now :p

Our barbel have been frolicking for some time, but if the hot weather continues and there is no rain, we shall have to treat them very carefully.

Actually, I shall let them recover for a while, love 'em so much !

Regards,

Hugo

Not so Stuart even though logic says so. They often spawn later than the Northern rivers down here, I have spent 3 days on the Avon this week and there is no sign of them spawning and Chris Allport hasn't seen any activity on the Stour.

Back