• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Cundall Lodge Farm

Edd Connolly

Planning a trip to Cundall Lodge Farm this week.

Not been there in a while, how's it fishing at the moment?

I tried to check the hotels website but it was down for some reason.

If i remember it's 8lb line minimum, no keepnets, barbless right?
Like i said been a while lol

Tight lines

Website working for me but I can't see any mention of fishing. Who do you book the fishing with? Interested in a weekend away so perhaps you can tell us more.

I've never night fished there before but if my memory serves me right you pay £5 for the day at the farm house then go through the gate and can drive right up to the river bank.

You need to arrange if you want to pitch a tent.

You're right, there is no mention of fishing on the website but it's definitely the right place. May be worth giving them a ring.

I will ring them before i go so will post any info here if it's still needed.

Plus if you get hacked off with the lack of action, there is always an oxbow "lake " that has some fish in . ;0)

Dave.

If i remember it's 8lb line minimum, no keepnets, barbless right?

I've never seen any rules about minimum line, keepnets or barbed/barbless hooks in twenty plus years of fishing the place. However, I haven't been there this season or last.

Theres a sign on the side off gate as you enter with the said rules on it its 2x2ft minimum in size 1st seen around 10+yrs ago a big bearded fella used to bailiff the place went by name of grizzly told me he had it made as farmer had no idea about fishing and had folk pike fishing with out traces and fishing for barbel with lumps of meat 3lb bottoms

Ah i see,

Well i'll use barbless anyway.

Changing the subject a little, if you don't mind.

Using 10lb main line with 8lb hooklenth to hair rigged meat or halibut pellet. Baitdropping in hemp, small cubes of meat and crushed halibut pellet seem ok? Or have things change in the old barbel fishing world :D?

Back