• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

collingham weir?

hello & greetings to all
im hopeing to get onto the trent this season on the collingham weir.i'd like to get one of thos big barbel outta there!.ive fished the trent once about 4 years ago.it was in the 130-140 pegs.i only caught a small barbel about 5lb and 2 chub,no more than 3lb each.i wanted to try the trent because i got fed up of fishing muddy puddles!.anyway,anychance you guys could give me any advice?.i.e.what leads,how much will i need to hold the bottom,and method,free running/semi fixed etc.also what type of braid/hook lenght should i be using?.like i said,i want to have a good go at the trent this season,so any advice or tips would be very much appreciated.....

regards darren

Don't even contemplate starting out on your Trent journey without a Fox Kevlar rod. Without this rod, your chances of catching are slim.

Are you selling one, Jim :)

If only! You may remember around about Xmas time my quest to purchase a coveted Kevlar from this very site made me extremely ill. Since then, my wife left me and I was banned from ever entering my doctor's surgery. It wasn't all bad because the disappointment and subsequent illness and nursing led me to a relationship with Mehong. However that Justin Timberlake has a lot to answer for.

Back