• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Collingham aa

Mark Kingston

Senior Member & Supporter
Looking at a few posts I've seen on pooh book, no more night fishing for non members and a shake up in with the wier and its pegs and booking

An old police inspector many years ago was asked why the police hadn't raided a certain pub that was frequented by criminals and undesirables. He said that he preferred to keep all the rotten eggs in one basket where he knew where they all were. There might be something in what he said ;)

Looking at a few posts I've seen on pooh book, no more night fishing for non members and a shake up in with the wier and its pegs and booking
I saw this posted
Collingham AA AGM has passed a new rule restricting night fishing to members only
no night fishing available to day ticket anglers.

In an additional ruling night fishing on pegs 1A to 4 will be banned completely. During the first week of each month the weir pegs will be reserved for members only

they should also do something about the boats going right up in the weir on the opposite bank way way past the no boats signs these are people doing guiding days at £200 a pop

Anyone heard anything official ?? Nothing on Collingham's FB page or website yet.

Edit; That can be viewed by Joe public.

Something needed to be enforced on that stretch because it’s gone well beyond the minority spoiling it for the majority.
It’s been treated with absolutely no respect whatsoever and now the hammer has come down, these repeat offenders start to feel hard done by.

All people have to do is act like human beings, clean up after themselves and respect the club rules. Not hard really and this wouldn’t be a problem.

Probably no other place in the world like that weir pool. It truly is a barbel utopia yet people are quite ok with leaving their shit (literally) all over the land that doesn’t belong to them.

What goes around n all that ..

I'm sure it's not only people leaving their shit behind that's prompted this action, it's all the other unsociable behaviour too, caused by alcohol and drugs etc. I've witnessed it in the past from the other side of the river.

they should also do something about the boats going right up in the weir on the opposite bank way way past the no boats signs these are people doing guiding days at £200 a pop
That’s got nothing to do with Collingham or Ashfield, who have the opposite bank. Boat fishing is allowed on the tidal. The only people who could enforce the signs is the CRT.

Might not be as many numptie videos and face ache rants , although the great smell of cannabis and detritus plastered eveywhere will shift to many club run waters next season on mass, hope they can cope, bad enough the lamping brigade who turn up early doors with their blackpool illumination vehicles.

There's a lot of decent anglers who fish Collingham and there a lot that are bank tramps, with a no rule attitude. Its treated by many as a campsite social. These are the main culprits, drugs, alcohol, bad angling mixed with a total disregard for other anglers; thats forced the club to act at long last. The Trents changed over the years and the hoards that fish Collingham and the popular areas, will decrease imo.
Well done Collingham and I'm looking fwd to quieter banks.

There's a lot of decent anglers who fish Collingham and there a lot that are bank tramps, with a no rule attitude. Its treated by many as a campsite social. These are the main culprits, drugs, alcohol, bad angling mixed with a total disregard for other anglers; thats forced the club to act at long last. The Trents changed over the years and the hoards that fish Collingham and the popular areas, will decrease imo.
That sort of behavior Jon and typical angler crops up on every club or day ticket stretch in the country. Personally, if I need to have a crap in the daytime then I need to go..... I don't hang onto it until it gets dark, so I don't see how things will improve much. I have fished this stretch several times over the last 4 years. I have booked up well in advance, had a good social with a few mates, stuck to the rules and caught lots of fish. A great loss in my opinion but pressure from members has brought this action. Time will tell if things improve and maybe the fish will drop down more and feed more in daylight hours. Its just a shame that for those that have waited years in some cases to get on there and have bookings for next year that these will not be honored. Why anyone would think that its only day ticket anglers that take a poo of a night is beyond me. With the amount of money this has created for the club (£700 a week for the weir alone) why not have a couple of portaloos installed along the stretch.....?

It is a sign of the times Jon. Even over here and in Cyprus where there is no night fishing allowed. You also see it in canoeists on no navigation waters and motorcyclists with their tiny reg plates and ultra loud exhausts. But in angling there seems to be a trend of lawlessness associated with groups gathering to fish over two or three days. Outlaw syndrome.

That sort of behavior Jon and typical angler crops up on every club or day ticket stretch in the country. Personally, if I need to have a crap in the daytime then I need to go..... I don't hang onto it until it gets dark, so I don't see how things will improve much. I have fished this stretch several times over the last 4 years. I have booked up well in advance, had a good social with a few mates, stuck to the rules and caught lots of fish. A great loss in my opinion but pressure from members has brought this action. Time will tell if things improve and maybe the fish will drop down more and feed more in daylight hours. Its just a shame that for those that have waited years in some cases to get on there and have bookings for next year that these will not be honored. Why anyone would think that its only day ticket anglers that take a poo of a night is beyond me. With the amount of money this has created for the club (£700 a week for the weir alone) why not have a couple of portaloos installed along the stretch.....?
Sounds good in theory
but sadly the people that go there to get pissed and high would bother to walk to a porta loo in a million years ! so it would not stop them

no its sad for the decent anglers but it needed doing and 100% the right decision as clearly it wasnt being bailiffed people were doing just what they liked with no one to stop them
hopefully the fish will benefit too
Im guessing a lot will now go poaching I have seen people arriving after midnight in a few places

It’s not about when you need to go John it’s what you do with it. I personally don’t want to be sitting in a field that’s littered with human waste. Buried, hung from trees or squeezed into a beer can it doesn’t matter because it shouldn’t be there full stop.
There are solutions now with portable toilets containing waste bags and absorbing chemical crystals. These things can be dealt with in a proper manner and our waste can be disposed of properly.
Putting portaloos in has a huge significant cost because someone is employed to empty the septic tank daily. Why should the club be responsible to sort that?
I think the tree shake will have a huge effect on that place in a positive sense.
Collingham Members will actually appreciate the fact that the club is doing something for their benefit. If day ticket holders don’t like it then they can fish elsewhere can’t they. My booking this year is also canceled and that’s fine I’ll live with it.

Back