• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Coated Braids Gravel Brown..

John Cook

Hi All,

Thinking of giving a coated braid a go fished as a combi rig stiff/limp for fishing over gravel, there are so many out there now so many companys with different versions, whats your thoughts lads?????

Another vote for Atomic Jel-e-Wyre. Top stuff and easy to work with...having said that I haven't tried Snake Bite Gold yet...

Thanks for info lads i have a feeling this could work out expensive:)

John,

There are loads of good coated braids and to be honest they are very similar, snakeskin is good stuff but I find it tougher to strip the coating without a stripping tool. My choice is Suffix Camfusion in 12lb, I always carry a spool of brown and a spool of green, a spool of each will last me more than a season and that is tying 2 to 3ft hooklengths. About £10 a spool.

Hi,

Sounds like the jel e wyre might not be stiff enough for a combi link..

Ian i will check this one out matey, i think that i saw julian mention this one.

Camfusion has a green outer coating with a brown inner braid, wanted something with the brown outer coating...

Suffix coated braids mega cheap at erics at the moment,really good stuff, heavy skin and camofusion is what I use

Camfusion has a green outer coating with a brown inner braid, wanted something with the brown outer coating...

John,

Green camfusion has green outer and inner, Brown camfusion has brown outer and inner.........trust me, I have been using it a couple of seasons now :)

Hi Ian,

Thank you for that info mate i will check again,

Thanks for the nod on Erics Angling:)

Looked at Erics but can only see the one with the brown inner and olive coating:mad:

John,

I feel like a pleb, the stuff I use is Camo Skin, not Camfusion!! Oops, sorry!!! In Green or Brown. :eek:

Oh, and it's 15lb, not 12lb, I just went and checked my bag.............

Last edited:
Not a problem Ian, i like the look of the camo skin though...

Andy whats the postage on that please??????

When i first used a coated braid years ago i stripped it for the knotless knot hair and stripped it at the swivel end for the hinge effect and the outer coating moved up and down the inner:eek: this doesn't happen with todays versions does it? I think that the old one i used was an offering from carp r us.

Back