• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Close Season Retained

Shame they don't employ mathematicians at the EA, less than 40% were in favour of retaining the close season as it is:

"Support among anglers for retaining a close season and removing it is finely balanced. The 8 week public consultation received 13,680 responses with 38.8% of anglers supporting retaining the current close season; 9.2% support retaining a close season, but changing the dates to 15 April to 30 June; and 49.8% support removing the close season altogether. 2.2% were undecided or didn’t respond. "

If they asked the question regarding retain and move with no option for remove they would get 60 - 40 for move but I suppose they would call that finely balanced !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Hi men ,

David , working on that fact the rivers could be closed from March to August ? , Which would leave a short window before the winter starts , not sure that would attract kids to fish them . The kids now are the working parties and bailiffs of the future , in which case the river bank could be a very deserted spot . All very nostalgic , but the closed season being changed or removed would not effected the fish or wildlife at all . Athough I do think that , I'm quiet happy when the 16th comes as all the hypocrites move from my lake and canal back to the river , after fishing for perch , carp and tench through their spawning time 😉.

Hatter
Can't argue with that!!!!!

Back