• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Close season Bodging.

David Craine

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi all,
the close season is upon us, and I am a bit old school where it is concerned, so stillwaters are out of bounds to me as well …. so I have been a bit busy …

I would say these are a tad bulky for the tackle bag, but I am sure they could be of use somewhere for float storage, after all they are float tubes.

236F2FE2-7416-4FCF-AF66-C8C43657E238.jpeg
616B5859-6CD6-4DC2-A52F-0A3BC2481276.jpeg

David.

Last edited:
That's no bodge David, that's art !

And if Rolf Harris ever needed a new Digeridoo I know who I'd recommend to commission it :)

Lovely work 👍

David if they are a bodge then my handy work should never be released into the world for being boarder line destructive.

Are you selling your float tubes out of interest?

Hi David, Richard and others many thanks..
Selling them, I had not thought about it really, I was at the bamboo suppliers and saw a couple of broken pole sections in the corner ,managed to get them at a reduced price and only later decided what to do with them.
I will in all probability make a few to sell in the future, at the moment I am a bit backed up with work, rod rebuilds, net /pole, bankstick , and shot tube commisions etc .
The tackle fair saw me end up with quite a few jobs for different folks, so I must get those sorted first in and amongst holidays etc .
Do not let anybody tell you retirement is for putting your feet up .😋

David.

Back