• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Climax / Korum

Justin Cubberley

Looks like Climax tackle are making way for the new range of Korum 'expert rods' as all the Neoteric rods have been reduced on their website.

stuff like this drives me mad

why don't firms just lower the normal retail price to move stock ?

they bring a slightly different range out then 'massively' discount the old range that was the dogs do dahs 2 months ago expecting us to take it

they bring a slightly different range out then 'massively' discount the old range that was the dogs do dahs 2 months ago expecting us to take it

The Xpert rods are totally different to the Neoterics.:confused:

Our prices are lower than the RRP as we give the best price possible, and if we buy a good deal from manufactures. The "good" deal then gets passed on to customers

Just for clarification the Neoteric range is two twin top rods with fairly traditional Avon action. The Xpert rods are much crisper in action, single top and come in four test curves from 1.1lb through to 2.2lb. They compliment the Neoterics not replace them. In case you’re wondering how I know it’s because I spent 2 years hassling Mat Woods at Korum to produce them so I could have a full set rather than the single prototype I’d scrounged!

They have yet to make a rod that lives up to the original Neoteric.

They have yet to make a rod that lives up to the original Neoteric.

I’d agree the replacement Neoteric wasn’t as good - but it was a lot cheaper. The Xpert rods won’t suit the angler who wants the rod to bend lie a banana but I love them.

Glad I never bought them then.

As someone has said, the Neoteric XS are not a patch on the originals. I use a pair of the originals for all my barbel fishing and even brought a "spare" third when I had the chance at the right price

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up on this guys, I have experienced the Neoteric in use before and had one in mind after breaking a rod in the garage earlier this year so the reduced price persuaded me.

Received the rod today from Climax, looking forward to putting into use soon.

cheers,
Steve.

I can remember checking the rod steve your name rings a bell ;)
Glad your happy mate

Back