• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Chub superlite chair.

I've got one, and no, the back is set,you can fold the front, it's doesn't have legs as such, it's very light but very low, to low for me, used mine once and it's in the shed.

Last edited:
This is the same as the Daiwa mission one.

Ive got one used it a few times but not being able to fold the back legs up does my head in.

You can have mine for £15, I can even leave it at my old man's workshop for you if you want!

Adam. I have one of those and very good it is too. However it feels more like 5kg when I'm lugging it around. I'm going to weigh mine!

I also find the JRC luggage better and longer lasting than Korum. Most of my Korum ones have disintegrated in 2 years.

Graham

Last edited:
Adam. I have one of those and very good it is too. However it feels more like 5kg when I'm lugging it around. I'm going to weigh mine!

I also find the JRC luggage better and longer lasting than Korum. Most of my Korum ones have disintegrated in 2 years.

Graham

Graham you are probably right, it is I guess more like 4kg than 3kg as stated by JRC .....I might have to weigh mine now ha ha.

Not wrong about JRC v Korum.

Korum looks pretty and looks quality, but now my bait bag and quiver look tatty and more impractical in comparison to the JRC quiver + bait bag I gave to my brother...regrets

Last edited:
I'm in the market for a roving chair. The korum lightweight is useful if you are walking a distance and then staying put but it's hopeless when you want to rove - it's just too fiddly to adjust the legs to attach to the rucksack every time, and it's too bulky to carry.

Has anyone got the chub lo-lite chair?

Chub Fishing Lo Lite Chair

Any good?

Graham. Its the one I use when I don't want to heave the other one around.

Happy with it. Good for the price. Bit low if you are over 6' and over 60!

Previously had a Wychwood chair..but the feet kept falling off the plastic lugs.

Graham

This is the same as the Daiwa mission one.

Ive got one used it a few times but not being able to fold the back legs up does my head in.

You can have mine for £15, I can even leave it at my old man's workshop for you if you want!

Cheers for the offer, Ash, and thanks for the replies, but I think I'll take a rain check on it. As it seems the chair is a bit Mickey Mouse I'm gonna look for something else.

I had one for 48hrs until one of the front plastic corners broke. Managed to get a refund. I bet the people in the shop had a good laugh behind my back.
Yes, it's low.
Yes, it appears identical to the Daiwa.
Yes, it's light.
Yes, it's cr@p.

Back