• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

chub record

They crays have a lot to answer for. ;)
Find a waterway with a large head of crays, then you have a good recipe for huge chub and perch.

Unfortunately there are not enough chub to decimate the cray population. Hopefully the 9.5 can munch some more, in the process decreasing their numbers & beating the national record (& find my cheesepaste/crust/paste or worm in the remainer of the season).

Kind regards
Andy

Andy is there a picture of the specimen?

Simon, the old rule goes something like this ' Everbody you tell will in turn tell at least one person and so on, so if you REALLY want to keep it quiet then tell no bugger' ;)
I knew about that fish the day after it was caught and i was told by someone who wasn't present at the capture, you get my drift ?!

Last edited:
Simon, the info was up on the internet within a few hours.

One of the witnesses (who I won't name much as I'd like to) had spread it round to everyone he knew or met. Largely because he has his own agenda.

There are always unpleasant people in all walks of life.

Just come across this>>

We wouldn't stuff specimen barbel in a net like this, so why's it acceptable to do it to chub? :mad:

LVsixChub016.jpg

Note the rubbish on the peg. Bet that was there when he left.
Clubs I have belonged to have a rule. If you have rubbish in your chosen swim to fish for the day, clear it up before you cast a line. Simple.

That'l be to stop the mad end of season circus then:D

I walk the venue almost every day/evening and the number of people fishing as not increased at all and I doubt it will.

Its only a few people who are that bothered about the big Chub, so its no big deal :p

The big Chub come out regular to the match style angler in daylight in open water :D

All credit to Neil Stephen for the capture.I am less impressed with the people who fished the same area [once the imformation was out there] in presumably an attempt to catch the same fish. What possible satisfaction or recognisition would they get from that so soon after his success?

I walked Fishers Green this afternoon and I've never seen so many people fishing there, and a lot were fishing swims I've rarely or never seen anyone in before.

The circus is definitely in town!

Neil

Back