• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Chub Chair problem

Ken Jones

I have had a Chub low lite chair for a good few years which is spot on for what I need but recently the extending legs refuse to lock,and give up the ghost at any time sending my sprawling on the floor.
I have cleaned the legs and the springs,lots of Wd40 etc tried them dry but to no vial.Any Ideas anyone?
Ken

It might be the adjustment on the locking spring that needs altering

Get rid of it ? !

Simon
the highlights of many recent Yorkshire derwent sessions is actually waking up when the legs collapse.Nothing much else seems to happen of late.
So to get rid of it would turn my seasons exploits on a river seemingly devoid of fish into a total non event which may bring me to take up golf or even worse try to qualify for fish o mania.
ken

Simon
the highlights of many recent Yorkshire derwent sessions is actually waking up when the legs collapse.Nothing much else seems to happen of late.
So to get rid of it would turn my seasons exploits on a river seemingly devoid of fish into a total non event which may bring me to take up golf or even worse try to qualify for fish o mania.
ken

:D Why not set the legs at their lowest settings ? that way its impossible for them to slip and knowing the angle of some of the banks on the Derwent you can have the added excitment of dragging yourself out of the river if you nod off ;)

Last edited:
wd40 is possibly the orst hing you could have used

i would try sanding the inner legs with a medium grade paper to give the locks something to 'bite' to

i had the same problem last year , fantastic chair tho

How can it be fantastic if the legs collapse and you end up in the water:D:confused: I quite like some of the Chub gear.

Stephen

Chub legs..

I had exactly the same problem on my Chub Chair, posted on here as you have done, and somebody, cannot remember who, suggested this....
Remove the square plastic leg ends, the ones with the spring loaded plate in.
Remove the alloy leg from the plastic fitting,
Slide out the metal plate and turn it upside down,
Put everything back together as you found it.

It works, or at least it did for me........what to do when they start slipping again is another matter.It should give you another few years use outof the chair, it must have been two years since I fixed mine and its still OK. :):)

Hope this helps.....

Dave.

Contact Chub, they have always been extremely helpful when i have had to contact them with a problem.

Back