• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Christmas dinner on the bank

Xmas dinner or it lunch

The post on pot noodles was quite interesting. I remember when I had a money off pot noodle voucher, I offered it to my boss. She was a bit of a chav and took offence. The only reason that she was in this elevated position was that she was put in a position by the top man. She was a most unattractive woman, she was nearly bald, nothing wrong with that but should have worn some sort of hair piece so as not to cause offence, wore high heels and could only totter in them which accentuated her knock knees and had a regressive chin. She didn't have a very pleasant personality and didn't see the fun in good natured banter. Clearly she didn't appreciate the nutritional value of pot noodles. Not too long after this I was made redundant.

Back to the original thread. What's everyone having for Xmas dinner? - I'm having a turkey, although a friend of mine is having a £12.99 goose from Aldi.
In the Matt Hayes thread one of the contributors mentioned a cockatiel, I think another friend of mine has ordered one from a farm, I was surprised that they can grow up to 14lb. Are all geese free range, I don't think that they can be intensively reared. Are there any contributors who can help?

Take a drive past the Pot Noodle factory and take in the aroma, I can assure you that you wouldn't eat another:p:)

LOL

Im not eating turkey im having a nut roast with my dinner and smoked haddock for boxing day!
Washed down with a bottle of remy martin or perhaps some hine!
i had a turkey coming from south wales, that got cancelled, so were having a organic local chicken..yum.:D

The secret with pot noodles is to put them into one of those insulated mugs and leave them until you can eat it without having to blow on it. the pasta goes soft and they loose that powdery gritty taste the sometimes have.

I've eaten far worse......

Back