• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ā€˜Registerā€™ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Chris Packham

So a pescatarian is a person that eats fish, but not meat. My son-in-law doesn't eat any fish, but does eat meat, does this make him a carnivore? No, he is an omnivore, because he eats everything else, bar fish and seafood.
This new label 'pescatarian' is ridiculous. A person that eats fish, vegetables, grains and fruit is an omnivore, they just exclude meat from their diets. By saying they are pescatarian, is almost like they are apologising for eating a living creature, but it's nearly okay, cos it's just a fish and not a warm blooded creature that they can cuddle.
Everyone is either an omnivore, a vegan or a vegetarian. There is nothing in the middle to pacify their conscience!

I canā€™t help but roll my eyes at some of these things Chris, a flexitarian, some days or meals eats meals others does not. No mate thatā€™s just called eating, also things like weetabix or rice arenā€™t vegan food, theyā€™re just food.
Also when did flip flops without the big between your toes get renamed slidersā€¦ theyā€™re bloody flip flops!

Back