• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Chimera no 3

Chris Thomson

Hi does anyone know the tc of the chimera no 3 as ive seen it marked as 2lb and 2.2 and 2.4 , appreciate any info

2.25lb but test curves can be very misleading. There are better rods IMO, been lumbered with a blank for years due to a no-show customer (Bless)! Personally hate the rod, but no doubt many will disagree.

Come on then Bob, please tell, if were after a flood rod, what should we buy ? I would normally use an original 2lb tc Greys Prodigy ( my fav barbel rod of all time ), or a 2.5 lb carp rod, depending on the flood/flow etc, don,t yet own, anything in between. But i may be persuaded :)

If its the 11 foot 6 version, flood and snag rod its the ultimate beast rod.I own two and use one when you have to either fish heavy in snaggy stretches for big Barbel or come across carp on your water. I had a carp last friday evening over 20lb and was completly in control during the fight.As Bob says you either like them or hate them,a bit like Marmite,very specific uses only.Because its 11'6 its probably not as good a big river(Trent) flood rod as other longer rods.Its test curve may be 2.4lb but that would be it bent half way down its butt section.Weirdly i get very few hook pulls using such a powerful rod

Back