• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Chest Waders

Dave Taylor

Last weds found me thigh deep in a Hamp Avon carrier carrying out some bridge repairs only to find that my old Hunter Shorefisher waders had perished.
Luckily it was a nice day, just a bit embarrassing when arriving home with the wet leg!
I was considering a budget pair of chest waders as a replacement and was looking at the Shakespeare Sigma neoprene's which are around the 60 quid mark if you shop around. I was a bit concerned as unlike the top end waders, it seems to be a one size fits all, except for boot size. As I'm a short arse I didn't want to end up looking like the Mitchlelin man , ...any recommendations guys? A couple of hours on the rack is'nt an option btw!!

Thought you were starting a rumour there until I googled it!
There're knackered mate, as I'm back in the drink this week I've put a couple of puncture repair patches on them but it's a lost cause really, must have had them a good 20 odd years so can't complain.
I will check him out for some replacements though.;)

Ive got a pair to sort out too, leaks on one boot and the crotch, tried it on e lasted only a short period of time before leaking again.

If / When I buy some new waders I'm going for a proper material and matching boots, neoprene is just too flimsy for me,nice and comfortable but mine seems to blah a lot

Back