• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Chest Waders - Help with Size?

Les Jones

Looking to buy a set of chest waders, not to fish in but for work parties and to 'walk' the various stretches of river I have access to during the close season so I don't want to spend a fortune and they must be tough. I thought I had found what I was looking for, Daiwa Neoprene size 12 £56 but (why is there always a but?) I am on the large side and have been told they won't fit me. So has anyone out there got any recommendations based on size? I usually take a 12 boot (providing its not narrow), I am just over 6' tall, 42-44 waist and 48-50 chest. Thanks.

lidl
do a nylon set for not very much, ideal for work parties as they normally get cream crackered easily.

or try someone like used tackle as they often have cheapy ones

Suggest get a size bigger than required as the cheapy ones are often quite narrow

Snowbee do a fb (fuller bodied) range and they often have end of season/end of range special offers on.

FB is universally known as something other than 'fuller body' in the trade. :D

Diawa neoprene waders have a shocking build quality, but they are being made to a price.

Last edited:
FB is universally known as something other than 'fuller body' in the trade. :D

I know that but I was being sensitive to the chaps feelings just in case Bob Roberts is looking in, he takes offence at people referring to other other people with the 'f' word. Besides, I have no idea of the marital status of his parents.;)

I know that but I was being sensitive to the chaps feelings just in case Bob Roberts is looking in, he takes offence at people referring to other other people with the 'f' word. Besides, I have no idea of the marital status of his parents.;)

:D

Back