• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Cheese Paste Recipes

• Thread starter Deleted member 3320
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3320

As some of you may have guessed by now Im newish to the forum and moved to multi species to which has been a joy, also this forum has been a useful tool in that transition ! Want to ask if anyone would share a good cheese paste recipe that's good on the hook any tips in making it welcome, there's a lot online pastry vs bread crumb etc but wanted to get some feedback from anglers out there doing it... or any alternatives. did have a search on here but things may have moved on.

Dan

Perfect thank you !

As said above…..keep it real simple. There’s no need to get creative with it.
You need a carrier, flavour and a binder.
For me it’s bread, cheese and an egg
I do like to add a little something to give it a splodge of colour more than anything else. Cumin, paprika, anything like that but it’s really not necessary.
Make it soft, put it in the fridge for afew hours and it should be the right consistency when it’s cold.
I’ve made good cheese pastes out of milk protein boilie mix before but it’s an over engineered expensive way to do it when essentially your just going to over power it with cheese so bread or pastry is just as good.

As said above…..keep it real simple. There’s no need to get creative with it.
You need a carrier, flavour and a binder.
For me it’s bread, cheese and an egg
I do like to add a little something to give it a splodge of colour more than anything else. Cumin, paprika, anything like that but it’s really not necessary.
Make it soft, put it in the fridge for afew hours and it should be the right consistency when it’s cold.
I’ve made good cheese pastes out of milk protein boilie mix before but it’s an over engineered expensive way to do it when essentially your just going to over power it with cheese so bread or pastry is just as good.
Thank you, if it was to stiff after a fridge visit what would you add more off ?

Only cheesepaste you will ever need

Having just read the link, it’s says the problem with using pastry is that it becomes to firm, in colder water temps. I actually want it to become firm, as it sits on my hair rigged paste coil perfectly. I just don’t buy this advice about moulding onto the hook, rather than hair rigging. So long as the paste is touching the bend of the hook, there is no issue when chubbing 👍🏻

Attachments

• FB9B8E54-9CA9-4A5E-93F0-D62EE40E2EC4.jpeg
    FB9B8E54-9CA9-4A5E-93F0-D62EE40E2EC4.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 144
Back