• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Cheese Flavours

Wayne Robinson

Hi All
Apart from John Baker cheese flavour, can anyone recommend a cheese / blue flavour. Shame Richworth blue cheese flavour is not available anymore!
I've done a couple of searches, but only have found a couple of options. Third eye on eBay, dosage 5-9ml per kg so not very concentrated. Or some for home cooking.
Also having difficulty in sourcing blue cheese powder for my paste/liquidised bread!
Regards Wayne

RE: blue cheese powder, I just use actual blue cheese in my paste.

Richworth was the "one" though!!

I give my cheese paste a squirt of THIS[/url]

Last edited:
AA Baits do a couple of versions of cheese flavour and you can buy blue cheese powder from spotted fin in up to a kilo size

AA Baits do a couple of versions of cheese flavour and you can buy blue cheese powder from spotted fin in up to a kilo size
Hi Jason
AA baits wanted £5.50 for postage - the flavour was only £3! Have ordered cheese flavour from eBay and yes blue cheese powder from spotted fin.
Planning to make my own cheese boilies for chub this winter, with cheese & blue cheese powder added to the base mix!
Regards Wayne

Hi All
Apart from John Baker cheese flavour, can anyone recommend a cheese / blue flavour. Shame Richworth blue cheese flavour is not available anymore!
I've done a couple of searches, but only have found a couple of options. Third eye on eBay, dosage 5-9ml per kg so not very concentrated. Or some for home cooking.
Also having difficulty in sourcing blue cheese powder for my paste/liquidised bread!
Regards Wayne

Hi Jason
AA baits wanted £5.50 for postage - the flavour was only £3! Have ordered cheese flavour from eBay and yes blue cheese powder from spotted fin.
Planning to make my own cheese boilies for chub this winter, with cheese & blue cheese powder added to the base mix!
Regards Wayne
Hi All
Would the following recipe make a suitable base mix for a cost effective cheese boilie recipe:-
3 oz semolina
3 oz soya flour
4 oz full fat milk powder
2 oz cheese powder
2 oz blue cheese powder
2 oz Colman cheese sauce mix (secret ingredient in my cheesepaste)
Or is there too much soluble ingredients in it?

Back