• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

cheap hooks?

I mostly use the size 10s & agreed they can be brittle if you catch a snag they can break on the bend - I think it was the acute angle pressure from the bend to the tip, which again suited me as I pretty almost retrieve all terminal tackle & nothing remains in the water. Then again, most here replace the hook if dulled or turned so this should never really be an issue

However and more importantly, of the numerous trent barbel & carp (no so many!) I have caught, I have never had a hook break. All the fish have had a great hook hold & have to agree with previous comments no problem at all. In fact, I was so impressed with the 1st lot I, with another BFW member, finished off what stock was left.

Cheers, Jon

Last edited:
i use the korum experts and have experianced no problems at all and they are hardly expensive at £1.50 for 10

Back