• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Cheap as chips

Mark Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi men,

For those who use phones like me to do self takes , 90p from a local cheap shop , already my mates are all over them , bendy legs , awesome .
20181023_133031.jpg

Another plus is the double male screw that we attach a camera to a bank stick, accepts attachment you have.

They look handy.

I've got a phone now with a decent camera, so think I'm going to use that instead of the old G11 and a remote. I like the idea of using video mode and taking a still from that - should help significantly to reduce the time the fish is out of the water.

Are they available on EBay?

So much easier using this set up with your phone, saves carrying extra camera. Use the whistle cam app and fish selfies are a doddle.
Only problem is night pics as my phone doesn't have a front facing flash, I've tried messing around with head torch behind the phone but so far not quite got it right.

So much easier using this set up with your phone, saves carrying extra camera. Use the whistle cam app and fish selfies are a doddle.
Only problem is night pics as my phone doesn't have a front facing flash, I've tried messing around with head torch behind the phone but so far not quite got it right.

Use a Rhino light ( you can get copies of e bay) with your phone Takes brilliant night shots. Well worth the money

Both Mike. I use to put in on my camera but my phone Takes good photos so I use that on two bank sticks. Some advice use a long bank stick and point Rhino light down or you get shadows. If we bump into each other I show you bud

Last edited:
I bought the fishiuk version (Ulanzi brand) on ebay, which came with a rechargeable battery and bank stick adaptor all in for about £22 I think. Very good piece of kit.

Nick C

I've got a Samsung S9 which has got a front facing flash and an 8 megapixel selfie camera which takes decent trophy shots.Using a banktech bracket to hold the phone http://banktech.co.uk/ which screws onto a standard bankstick with a Gardner camera adapter https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Sports/G...397138&sr=8-1&keywords=gardner+camera+adapter it's quite easy to use.
I use voice activation for taking pictures and have it on a 5 second timer.I set the phone up on the bracket and get the fish ready then just shout ''shoot'' at the phone.It then starts to countdown from 5 on the phone display which gives you time to watch the screen,pick up the fish and get yourself and the fish in shot.Daytime pictures are a doddle as you can see yourself in the frame.Night pictures are not quite so easy because you obviously can't see yourself in the dark.I've tried angling my headtorch down so I can see myself in the frame and had some success.This picture was taken using that method,although after reading this thread a Rhino Beam may be the way to go.
Night shot with S9.jpg

Back