• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Charity Auction

Any chance of expanding the platform Jez...me and many others do not do Facebook...you could be missing some good bidders !!!;)

Maybe the lots could be listed and someone could bid on your behalf.

Hi men,

Ray you cheeky monkey , you can see it on your page ;), if not lots have likes the new fan page to bid on lots at the time it takes place . Some nice bits to bid on , lots of guiding days .

Hatter

Jez, would you be so kind, as to keep us up to date when the auction starts, thank you.

will do, at the minute i believe it will be next month when the main auction starts.

There will be a trial run tonight at 6 o'clock where 1 of the lots will be put up to see how its going to work out, i'll post the lot on here and should anyone wish to bid not on FB i'll do it for you as a proxy bid.

Jez

here is a summary of the Lots received so far:

36 x "Days Out"
From a day by the river to fully guided trips with some of the finest anglers in the country. Barbel, Chub, Roach, Rudd, Predators and more... All over the UK, some on syndicated and exclusive fisheries. Even an opportunity to catch some French Cats and Irish predators.

26 x "Tackle Items"
From hand made floats of distinction, rods, leads, feeders, lures to a stunning TruPin Trotter centrepin with accompanying letter from the recently departed Fred Crouch. If you don't get that one, then there are at least three other superb centrepins on offer.

6 x "Books"
Not just any old books but some sought after editions fit to grace any library.

13 x "Bait" and "Miscellaneous"
Kilos of bait, signed prints, full set of DVDs, use of a caravan on the banks of the Trent (well - for a week anyway!), vouchers and clothing.

Jez

Thanks jezza!!! I'll hopefully post an agenda as and when I get one. This wasn't meant to be as big as this...it kinda went viral. From 10 to 80 Ish in 36 hours.

That sort of thing happened to me Barry. One minute I was ten, then all of a sudden I am seventy. What the hell went wrong? :D:D

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited:
We have actually decided as this event has got bigger that the majority of lots will be ran via the auction site. Fingers crossed it will go live on the 15th. Cheers gents

Back