• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Chair Recommendations

Paul Pittman

Needs to be light, low, armrests. Not too fussed if it reclines but would be nice. Needs to fit under my brolly without me getting wet or banging my head.

Solar Undercover might fit your requirements? On the heavy side at nearly 6kg tho. . .
Personally don't think you need arms / recline - just long front legs! JRC Stealth XLite is lightweight and sturdy . . .

Solar Undercover might fit your requirements? On the heavy side at nearly 6kg tho. . .
Personally don't think you need arms / recline - just long front legs! JRC Stealth XLite is lightweight and sturdy . . .
My main chair has had so many mods that its own mother wouldn't recognise it 😂

I had a Carp Porter lightweight recliner that was brilliant. Nice and light, had a shoulder strap in the back and I could fit my unhooking mat and spoon net in it when tightened up. Sadly time, elements and mice got to it and now they dont make them anymore.

Fox Duralite Chair for me after a lot of research
I have one and it is great. My most used chair.
I also have the Fox version without arms and the Fox Highback EOS 2. They cover all my needs.

Fox Duralite Chair for me after a lot of research
I have one and it is great. My most used chair.
I also have the Fox version without arms and the Fox Highback EOS 2. They cover all my needs.
Mike, does the Duralite fit under a 50" brolly without having to have the brolly on too much of an incline?

Hi Paul
I cannot advise you as I have not used a brolly for probably at least 8 years I find them to cumbersome. I prefer either to sit in the rain with waterproofs or go home. Even so I still have 2 or 3 in my tackle shed just in case.
Re my chairs I should have said my Duralite without arms I believe is called the Duralite low and without legs extended the total back height from the ground is about 77cm. I would imagine the Duralite low with arms would be about the same.
My Duralite with arms is actually the Duralite XL and that is the one I mostly use.
Without legs extended from ground to top pf back is approximately 95cm. I think it is a great chair
Good luck with whichever make of chair you decide on
Mike

I have a duralite- nice and light to carry and comfortable. My unhooking mat fits inside the back and 30" net hangs over it for carrying between swims. You must check the legs are properley locked into place before you sit on it or the welding will break on the legs. User error.

Nothing stealthy about my JRC - it creaks like mad - and I'm not overweight, even and 6'2" and over 16 stone. It now lives in the cellar, though I should probably sell it.

Nothing stealthy about my JRC - it creaks like mad - and I'm not overweight, even and 6'2" and over 16 stone. It now lives in the cellar, though I should probably sell it.
You must have a lemon - I'm v similar stats to you and find it an excellent, lightweight chair . . .I've pimped the front legs however as they are rubbish for rivers . . .

My 30+ yr old JRC creaked, but pipe lagging pushed onto the frame tubes has minimised the noise, awkward to do under the fabric (maybe could have removed the bolts) but maneagable. Lagging kept in place with cable ties.

Mike - reading as far as the word 'talc' had me feeling a little anxious. Glad I only have to shake on the chair! 😅

Thanks for the tip!
Stick with the Korum Rich
At least it’s got the useful long front legs. These bleeding garden chairs you get nowadays with 4 inch of adjustment are just about usable on badly laid jetty’s

Back