• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Chair or not?

Chub Superlite chair is very light at about 4LB and folds flat. It's low though which suits me fine but might be a problem for some. Think it's about £20 which isn't bad.

Any recommendations for lightweight chairs had my fox chair for a good 15 years and its know beginning to look a bit tired and its not the lightest to carry around unless i put it on my barrow

Hi jonathan , if you want a lightweight chair look at fox adjusta level or korum supa light both really good and think probably lightest out there .

Just ordered a Shimano roving bucket that has a padded seat :cool: Like the idea of travelling light so hopefully this will do the trick, and something to perch on too, sorted.:)

Neil, as I previously suggested. The fox adjusta level is so light you won't know your carrying it. It gives you back support and adjustable levels. Well worth a punt really.

Neil, as I previously suggested. The fox adjusta level is so light you won't know your carrying it. It gives you back support and adjustable levels. Well worth a punt really.

Just watched the video and it looks great for the river angler who likes to travel light and rove around. The carry strap is handy. I bought a wychwood solace low chair last year, and it suits me fine. At 4.5kg it's not the lightest, but i prefer a chair with arms, and the legs fold away at the back for steep banks.

Dave

I have a Nash Nomad Ultra Lite Chair, weighs 4kg got a strap to carry but most important its comfortable so I can go from staring to sleeping very easily, which from previous posts seems to be an important part of our hobby!

All depends on the kind of barbel fishing you do. If bait and wait then a chair is best look at the korum extra lite .if you a mover you can get one of them stalker buckets fox do one with a padding seat.Or buy both and have best of both worlds

i never bother with a chair these days, i've got an rbb lure vest that i hang my unhooking mat of the back off so it swings under my arse as i sit down, all the gear in the pockets, nice light and mobile, but i do tend to fish short sessions and wander around not sit in a peg for hours

I got the new Fox adjusta chair that has a carrying strap, it's really comfy but a tad heavy for roaming IMO, anyway the Shimano bucket stool arrived to-day and I have sat on the thing, it's OK but better with the unhooking mat for extra height and support, but looks as though I know what I am doing bankside which is nice :p

The age and/or physical state of individual anglers will dictate a lot of the opinions on this one. I couldn't stand, or sit on a seat without a backrest come to that, for more than a maximum half an hour without problems. That apart, I can see distinct advantages of roaming free, unencumbered by weighty items.

Cheers, Dave.

I am with you DAVE, my roving and rolling meat days are now over,
the back just can't take the strain any more.
Old age.
Brian.

Another vote for the Chub Lo Lite from me. I use a rucksack so my hands are free to carry it and it weighs virtually nothing. Why not be comfortable?

David, with all due respect, the chub, jrc, etc are NOT the lightest although well made, at the moment i am actually using a non big named brand which has served me well for the last 3 years, again, not the lightest, but very well made. I,ve had various items over the years from dragoncarp, some good, and some not so good. But these chairs do look half decent. Ive e-mailed dragon to ask the weight, if its lighter than what i,m using, i,ll take the plung and let you know my verdict. :)

like a few others i cant sit without a backrest after 10 mins or so, i lashed out for a nashy daddylonglegs fatboy, oh comfort is saying it mildly its the most comfy chair i have ever sat in, only problem is the weight of the blighter, about the same as a comfy bedchair,
speaking of such has anyone tried or seen the daiwa chair that folds down into a nice comfy overnight bedchair :)

I came across the Carp Porter chair by accident through a carpy colleague & bought a `display` model a little cheaper than list - I`ve been very pleased with it, despite suffering from a bit of a dodgy back, it`s light and strong & well made. It`s replaced an old Lafuma folder whic has sagged somewhat, and is so low I can`t get out of it easily any more!
Carp Porterâ„¢ | Products | Lightweight Recliner Chair | Manufacturer of the Carp Porter tackle transportation range.

I`d thoroughly recommend it & I`m a bit picky with flaws in this sort of kit .
Well worth the £60 for British made quality.

Back