• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Centrepin reel cases?

John Care

Anyone know where I can get hold of a couple of those neoprene cases for my pins? Ive got two 4.5" ones, and want the ones i can use both off and on the rod.

Oh, and cheap will do just fine!

Just type in "centrepin neoprene" into an eBay search and they have them on there for £3.70 a pop.
I've had a few and they're fine.

There are some from china which are cheapest, and i am sure they will be just as good. (1 for 76p at the moment! :eek:) Delivery maybe 2 months though :D

ive ordered a couple of the ikonix ones that a couple of lads have mentioned from ebay....thanks to all that replied. £3.70 each!

The Ikonix ones are ok but a little tight on larger pins,the Chinese/Malaysian 'Travelling around fishing' ones are wider and the flap is so long you can put it on over a rod.Keep your eyes out because there are still other sellers with them in stock and they will appear again.They are top quality--but the silly writing lets them down.Do not buy the other smaller ones --multiplier/spinning case marked with the same words-they are tiny

Had a look on Ebay and there are loads available like the link Paul put up, some as low as £2.15 delivered,just make sure they are size 14x13x9 cm but you will have to wait for delivery some time

I find the neoprene centrepin cases seem to look tatty in very short order. I now tend to leave them at home to stay clean and tidy. I've moved over to the Lone Angler cases, which I have found just fine. I also found them acceptable when the reel is on the rod. The nice thing with these is that they'll take the 4.5"+ reels that I prefer.

I find the neoprene centrepin cases seem to look tatty in very short order. I now tend to leave them at home to stay clean and tidy. I've moved over to the Lone Angler cases, which I have found just fine. I also found them acceptable when the reel is on the rod. The nice thing with these is that they'll take the 4.5"+ reels that I prefer.

They look quality Chris, the Ikonix ones have arrived, my pins are wide drums, so they're a bit of a tight fit, but I'll see how it goes, I might upgrade to the LA ones, 10 quid a pop is reasonable.

Back