• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Centrepin Help!

Sam Pottage

I have just acquired a Mordex Merlin Centrepin and whilst taking it apart to clean and oil I removed the black cap on the front of the reel that is held in place by 3 screws and also contains the adjustment screw in the middle. Inside the black cap is the spool release catch and a "V" shaped spring.

In hindsight I shouldn't have been so cavalier when removing this part as I cannot remember how the spring and catch go back into place! I have tried several ways that look correct however the catch wont budge to release or lock the spool once the black cap has been replaced along with the spring.

Also, before I took the reel apart, the adjuster screw was flush with the top of the black cap and the spool sat perfectly in the backplate. When the reel is assembled this screw no longer screws in flush with the top of the black cap. If the screw is screwed in flush the spool sits about 4mm off the backplate and subsequently wont lock into the spindle groove.

Does anybody know how to put the reel back together!? I would be very grateful for any input.

I have attached a few pictures to make it a little clearer.

Photo0189.jpg

Photo0186.jpg

Sam

Back