• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Centre Pins

what?, a rolling pin or a TFG thing, the TFG is worth about £50, in fact, that's what i paid.

With casting off-the-side you'll get line twist, and especially so with a RW Rolling Pin. Line twist happens with mono, and of course (plain mechanics) it will still happen with braid but the effects are far less of a problem.

Although I use the Wallis Cast mostly these days which doesn't give line twist problems, I changed to braid several years ago to allow me to use any casting method, and having spoken a few times with Ray. Personally I'd recommend PowerPro.

[/URL]

Paul posted this advice up a couple years ago, and without doubt it's one of the best pieces of advice I've ever read on BFW. It really does make a huge improvement.

For ledgering powerpro.
For trotting powerpro, treated with Fabsil. but have another reel loaded with untreated for bad hair days.

Your sums aint to good Dave!
One for ledgering.
One for trotting.
One for trotting on a bad hair day.
1+1+1=3.
Or it did when I went to school.

Back